Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Rainbow Cupcakes


Only want 2 cupcakes and not 24? Check out my recipe Almond Cupcakes for Two. But if you want a real treat to feed a party (or if you're just really in the mood for some dessert), read on!

I was going to make these for my mom's birthday until she said she wanted Strawberries & Cream Pie. Since I still wanted to try the recipe, I paired them the other night with my Parmesan Baked Tilapia (since I knew it would be really low in points). 

Believe it or not, these cupcakes come in at only 67 calories (still less than 80 even with cheesecake cream frosting) and are only 2 POINTS+ on Weight Watchers.

But wait... there's more! These things are rainbow inside! And are topped with cheesecake cream frosting and fresh fruit! And they're wonderfully DELICIOUS!

Need I say more? I think I've made my point.

RAINBOW CUPCAKES

Servings: About 24 cupcakes

Nutritional Information:
WW Points Plus: Only 2+ per cupcake!


Ingredients:
  • Cupcake Mixture:
    • Box of Cake Mix
    • Can/Bottle of Sprite Zero
    • Gel Food Coloring
  • Icing/Toppings:
    • Cool Whip
    • Sugar Free/Fat Free Cheesecake Jello
    • Fresh Fruit
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
  2. Pour cake mix into a large bowl and gradually add Sprite Zero (I actually only used about 3/4 bottle), mixing throughly (yes, there will be lots of carbonation at first... this does subside). Preheat oven to 350° F.
  3. When there are no more lumps, spoon mixture into 3-6 different small bowls/cups.
  4. Add gel food coloring and stir (I chose red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple... you know, ROYGBIV without the indigo).
  5. Place baking cups into a muffin tin and spoon small amounts of each color into each cup.
  6. Bake in oven for about 20-23 minutes or until center of cupcake is fully cooked.
  7. While cooking, combine 1/2 tub of cool whip (I happened to have fat free) and 1/2 box of sugar-free, fat-free cheesecake jello and stir. Add water until the mixture has a frosting-like consistency.
  8. Allow the cupcakes to cool and top with icing (and whatever other toppings you would like... maybe even sprinkles to go with the rainbow theme).
  9. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment