Thursday, April 11, 2013

Crockpot Lemon Chicken


Let me preface this by saying two things: 

  1. No, this is not like the Chinese take-out type of lemon chicken, but more of an "herb" chicken.
  2. I did not actually follow the recipe I found for this dish... (that can be found here at Chef-In-Training). I was running behind on dinner that night, and didn't take the time to make the entire dish the "proper way" (if there is a "right way" in cooking). The original recipe actually has you taking the liquid mixture from the crock pot and heating it over the stove with some corn starch to create a thicker sauce. It may then be topped with slivered almonds. I didn't have time for all that, so what you see above was what we got.
Alright, now that I've said those two things... I will add one more thing: I don't know if I cooked this chicken too long again or what, but it was very tender. I wasn't a huge fan of the texture, and ended up dipping the chicken in the applesauce on my plate (which surprisingly was a good idea). So I would suggest maybe serving with some on the side (just a thought). Enjoy!

CROCKPOT LEMON CHICKEN

Servings: Enough for 3 people to have some leftovers... so let's say 4-6?

Nutritional Information:
WW Points Plus: 1+/oz of chicken, 1+ for sauce = about 5+
Note: Nutritional values below reflect only the sauce


Ingredients:
  • 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 c chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 3 TBSP honey dijon mustard
  • 2 TBSP margarine, melted
  • 1/4 tsp rosemary
  • Optional: sprinkle of garlic powder/salt
Directions:
  1. Heat margarine/butter in a medium-sized bowl in the microwave for a few seconds, until softened/melted.
  2. Add 1 cup chicken broth and 1/4 cup lemon juice to the bowl and stir.
  3. Stir in 3 TBSP honey dijon mustard and rosemary (and optional garlic powder).
  4. Combine all ingredients in the crock pot (coating the chicken) and cook on low for about 3 1/2 hours.
  5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment