Saturday, April 6, 2013

Protein-Packed Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl


I've been trying to avoid the whole "pour myself a bowl of cereal" thing in the morning and trying to come up with some more creative options for breakfast-type foods. In my attempt to put some more protein into my diet, I created this wonderful dish... my protein-packed strawberry cheesecake bowl. Although it's still no dessert from Cheesecake Factory, I will say this is a pretty tasty treat and a wonderful start to the day. I usually pair my bowl with a cranberry almond protein bar to help bulk-up the meal, but that part isn't really necessary if you just want a small, filling snack. And with 24 g of protein (34 g with the protein bar) and a quarter of your daily value of calcium, who could go wrong?

PROTEIN-PACKED STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BOWL

Servings: 1

Nutritional Information:
WW Points Plus: 4+ (no protein bar included), 7+ (protein bar included)
* Note: Protein bar pictured above is not included in the nutrition facts below.


Ingredients:
  • 1 container Dannon Light & Fit Greek strawberry yogurt
  • 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
  • Optional: fresh strawberries, cranberry almond protein bar
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
  2. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment