Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mom's Meatloaf

This picture just doesn't do this meal justice... it was delicious. While this is a basic recipe, I will sheepishly admit that it was in fact my first time making this dish. So I've included it on Cooking Cadenza should another new chef (like myself) need a recipe (or the nutrition info) for a quick and simple meatloaf.

MOM'S MEATLOAF

Servings: 8

Nutritional Information:

The first time I made this recipe, I used lean (80%) ground beef. And wow was there a TON of grease. The next time I put this meal together for my dad's birthday, I used extra lean (90%) ground beef. Values below reflect the two various fat contents... Sure, the 90% has a little more sodium/cholesterol. But I feel like the additional protein and lack of disgusting dishes to clean up afterwards makes up for it.

WW Points Plus: 7+ for 80% (lean),  6+ for 90% (extra lean)

Ingredients:
  • About 24 oz (about 1.5 lbs) (extra) lean ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 c oatmeal
  • 1/2 c ketchup
  • 1/8 c onion
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until ketchup, egg, oatmeal, and spices have thoroughly coated the meat.
  3. Place all ingredients into a medium sized dish and bake in the oven for about an hour or until the edges begin to brown.
  4. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment