Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Pastries


The smell alone of this dish was fantastic... even my dog can attest to that. There's just something about that fantastic smell of buttery biscuits baking in the oven. Now I know this doesn't exactly fall under my "low carb" plan for either my mom or my body/blood type, but sometimes you just have to splurge and indulge yourself in something extra delicious just for the fun of it. And I went ahead and paired this meal with my Berry Chicken Salad (very simple, see picture below) so it wasn't too high in WW Points value, but still filling and satisfying

Let me put it this way... You know it's good when you start with only two rolls on your plate and just can't help yourself from going back for more (both my mom and I did... my dad was out of town, otherwise I'm positive he would have too). Enjoy!

CHEESY CHICKEN PASTRIES

Servings: 8 pastries

Nutritional Information:
WW Points Plus: 4+ per pastry
Ingredients:
  • 8 Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
  • 4 TBSP Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
  • 8 oz shredded/pulled chicken

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
  2. Unwrap crescent rolls and place on a baking sheet.
  3. Spread 1/2 TBSP cream cheese on each of the dough triangles and top with 1 oz of pulled chicken (see right).
  4. Roll each crescent so that the point is facing up and roll the dough between your hands to make sure that the chicken/cheese is completely contained within the pastry (see image above).
  5. Bake in the oven for about 11 minutes (make sure the bottoms of the rolls do not brown/burn).
  6. Enjoy!

 (button on right side of page)

No comments:

Post a Comment